podcast • 1MIN READ
The Promise of Platform Engineering w/ Charity Majors, CTO at Honeycomb
Live from Interact, we're bringing you an interview with our favorite CTO, Charity Majors.
Never one to be shy about speaking her mind, Charity is an outspoken advocate for devs everywhere - and this passion made her a fan favorite at Interact.
Listen as Charity discusses her career, why the hierarchy is bullshit (disclaimer: she likes to swear - we like that about her), and why platform engineering is the most exciting place to sit in computing today.
Episode Highlights Include:
- (3:05) Charity's career journey
- (9:25) Why the hierarchy is bullshit
- (13:37) The future of ops is platform engineering
- (20:08) How to build an amazing platform engineering team
- (24:51) Movement around developer experience (DX)
- (35:03) 15 minutes or bust
- (41:57) Routing pull requests with gitStream
Engineering Insights before anyone else....
The Weekly Interruption is a newsletter designed for engineering leaders, by engineering leaders. We get it. You're busy. So are we. That's why our newsletter is light, informative and oftentimes irreverent. No BS or fluff. Each week we deliver actionable advice to help make you - whether you're a CTO, VP of Engineering, team lead or IC - a better leader.