podcast • 1MIN READ
Leading Engineers in Uncertain Times | A Conversation w/ CircleCI, Blockchain.com & Oliver Wyman
It's no secret this has been a difficult year for many companies in tech. The truth is, it's easy to be a leader when times are good. It's less easy in the midst of a storm.
That's why we assembled a panel of some of the smartest engineering leaders we know at Interact to talk about the leadership principles that help guide an engineering organization no matter what is happening in the world.
Today's episode of Dev Interrupted features Michael Stahnke, VP of Platform at CircleCI; Lewis Tuff, VP of Engineering at Blockchain.com; and Carolyn Vo, Partner & Head of Engineering at Oliver Wyman.
Episode Highlights Include:
- (2:16) The current economic climate
- (8:50) Engineers complaining about too many meetings
- (14:36) Maintaining morale
- (22:43) Building a culture that's actually fun
- (27:40) The importance of experimentation
- (34:36) Owning your own message
- (41:44) Seeking out mentors
- (44:13) Acquiring new top talent
- (51:00) Is now a time to be more or less aggressive when hiring?
Engineering Insights before anyone else....
The Weekly Interruption is a newsletter designed for engineering leaders, by engineering leaders. We get it. You're busy. So are we. That's why our newsletter is light, informative and oftentimes irreverent. No BS or fluff. Each week we deliver actionable advice to help make you - whether you're a CTO, VP of Engineering, team lead or IC - a better leader.