podcast • 1MIN READ
LB Labs: The Science Of Allocating Dev Resources In 2023
The days of growth at all costs are over; your 2023 engineering strategy needs to be about scaling efficiently.
In the first Labs episode of the year, Dan invites LinearB's VP of Product, Eran Shitrit, to discuss how teams are proactively addressing concerns around cost reduction and efficiency through smarter project allocation.
Dan and Eran also discuss the rollout of LinearB's resource allocation dashboard and the success of the Scaling Developer Efficiency workshop.
- (1:36) Introduction
- (5:18) What is project allocation?
- (9:46) Why companies should be thinking about project allocation
- (13:46) The metrics used to measure resource allocation
- (17:44) Good vs bad project allocation
- (22:24) Dan's hard lessons
- (26:52) Building the resource allocation features
- (30:23) Workflow relationship between VPE, VP Product & CEO
Want to cut code-review time by up to 40%? Add estimated review time to pull requests automatically!
gitStream is the free dev tool from LinearB that eliminates the No. 1 bottleneck in your team’s workflow: pull requests and code reviews. After reviewing the work of 2,000 dev teams, LinearB’s engineers and data scientists found that pickup times and code review were lasting 4 to 5 days longer than they should be.
The good news is that they found these delays could be eliminated largely by adding estimated review time to pull requests!
Learn more about how gitStream is making coding better HERE.